What Drives Us
To start a transformation in one man, one woman marriages that leads to stronger Christian families and stronger Christian communities.
In response to our call, we offer our Weekend experience and a community of caring couples who are committed to having a stake in other marriages. We will create an environment that can help transform marriages around the world. By following our mission and proclaiming God’s plan for marriage we believe we CAN influence the world for Christ.
Have You Remembered UME In Your Will?
A planned gift will leave a lasting legacy for future generations. Bequests can be made in many forms. For information about making a bequest, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page and Chris, our development support, will contact you.
If you have already named UME in your will or trust, please let us know so that we may welcome you into the Legacy Society. Requests for anonymity will be honored.
God’s Will In Your Will
A written statement in your will directs specific assets or a percentage of your estate to UME upon your passing.
What are the benefits to donating through a will?
- It costs you nothing right now and it will not affect your cash flow.
- You keep control of your assets.
- Your gift may provide tax savings or help reduce the tax burden for your heirs.
- It can express a certain dollar amount or it can deliver a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate after taxes, expenses and specific bequests have been paid.
Give Through A Life Insurance Policy
Life insurance policies give you the ability to make a large legacy gift through small monthly donations. Your premium payments will result in a significantly higher contribution for UME than what you paid on the policy.
What are the benefits of giving through life insurance?
- Most tax effective way of donating
- Great way to leave a legacy
- Your premiums can be tax deductible
Giving Through Retirement Plans
Retirement funds are a great way to make your life’s work count for the Kingdom. By naming United Marriage Encounter Permanent Legacy Fund as a beneficiary of a qualifying retirement plan, you will create the largest impact for your life’s work. A “qualified retirement plan” includes Individual
Retirement Accounts (IRA), Keogh accounts, 401(k), 403(b) and many other pension and profit-sharing plans.
What are the benefits to giving through a retirement plan?
- Giving retirement funds to your children can be taxed up to 70% through income and estate taxes. Donating your retirement plan is tax-free.
Legacy gifts through retirement plans give you tax advantages and flexibility.