Our Statement of Faith
This is the Statement of Faith of United Marriage Encounter and Marriage Encounter Support Foundation. It includes the supporting Scripture references. All acts, activities and operations of UME and MESF shall be consistent with the Statement of Faith:
1. We believe the Bible is the only, complete, inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return to judge in power and glory.
4. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female in His image and to reflect His glory, but that as a result of sin, mankind is alienated from God, and is helpless to remedy this lost condition apart from the grace of God, through the blood of Christ.
5. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that salvation is the gracious gift of God, received by faith alone, in Christ alone.
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a godly life.
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all people; those who believe in Christ, to eternal life with God, and those who do not believe in Christ, to suffer eternal separation from God.
8. We believe the institution of marriage to be God inspired as the union of one man and one woman.
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
Supporting Scripture References are as follows:
1. II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20; Revelation 22: 18-19
2. Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:18-19; II Corinthians 13:14
3. John 1:1-18; Galatians 4:4; Luke 1:35 Hebrews 4:15; John 2:1-11; John 6:5-13; Romans 3:21-25; Romans 5:8-10; Ephesians 1:7; Luke 24:5-7; Mark 16:19; Matthew 16:16-18; Ephesians 1:22-23; II Timothy 4:1
4. Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 3:22-23; Romans 5:12; Ephesians 2:12-13
5. John 3:16-18; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5
6. Galatians 5:16-25
7. John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:12-15
8. Genesis 2:18-25; Mark 10:6-9
9. Romans 12:5; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Ephesians 4:3-6